The focus of the development strategy is on
- Entrepreneurship and employment
- Knowledge and skills
- Villages, village plans and culture
- Environment and nature
- Rural-urban cooperation
Mäntsälä major region and Porvoo/Loviisa major region
The SILMU region is divided into two subterritories: Mäntsälä region and Porvoo/Loviisa region.
The Mäntsälä major region consist of the following communities: Askola, Mäntsälä and Pornainen.
Strategy: active and well-educated rural actors cooperate and work in order to ensure the quality of life and the quality of enterprising in the region.
Mäntsälä major region
Entrepreneurship and employment: activation, diversification
- Bioenergy, local raw materials, products and production equipments: local economy
- Service entrepreneurship, tourism, nature tourism
- Networking (telecommunication, logistics, joint marketing)
- Training for enterprises
Knowledge and skills for inhabitants and communities
- Information technology, virtual training, training, multi-service networks
- Well-being of rural residents: energy, waste and water management
- know-how and awareness about the environment
- Community spirit and actions
- Cultural traditions and skills
Villages, village plans and culture: acting together
- Village plans: new and updated
- Village actions: Culture, traditions, local identity, renovated village community centres, communication
- Motion, handicrafts
Quality of life: small scale projects on structures and infrastructure
- Public transport, rural roads and paths, private roads, security on rural roads
- Telecommunication, multiservice activities, waste and water management, recycling
- Routes, playing grounds
Environment and nature: protecting diversity, providing leisure services
- Landscape management: nature and built landscape
- Nature and adventure tourism
- Restoration of watercourses
Porvoo and Loviisa major region
Enterprises and employment
- Promoting entrepreneurship: creating new opportunities and supporting new enterprises, encourage entrepreneurship, expert and professional advisory services, Cooperation and networking,
- Strengthening the industrial structure and the competitiveness: expert services, branding, productizing, client management, sales and marketing, cooperation
- Encouraging entrepreneurship: youth and schoolchild as target groups in cooperation with 4H associations and schools increased cooperation between entrepreneurs (with entrepreneurs’ associations, producer organisations)
- Promoting rural entrepreneurship: development and investments of microenterprises 1-3 person-years
- Diversification of business on farms: bioenergy, waste, new technologies, tourism
- Communication and information skills: product development, handicrafts and products food processing and productizing.
- Cooperation in and between the villages, attraction, communication
- Common projects: village community centres, services, happenings, identity
- Services and multiservice activities: caretakers (janitors), neighbours, cooperation, voluntary work, renovation, services in cooperation with the third sector, multi-service centres.
- transports services: local solutions, logistics, traditions.
- Watercourses in recreational use, other recreational activities, rural tourism, cultural landscapes
- direct sales and handicrafts, local food
- cultural landscapes and traditions, restoration of watercourses,
- promoting environmental and rural awareness (environmental information) skills
- sustainable development: local energy, bioenergy, logistics, teleworking
- manors, small museums, other activity centres, happenings, traditions
- recreation, entrepreneurship, education, 4H, village schools, security
SILMU is open for cooperation in all 4 axes. LEADER-principles, especially the bottom-up approach must be respected. The goal is to activate people in international questions, offer new ideas, exchange information and practices, as well as learn to know new cultures. Trans-national projects have to strengthen entrepreneurship (preferably direct contacts), services, environmental expertise or village action or civil society activities. Priority is given to Baltic States, Central Europe, as well as to Sweden and Ireland where initial contacts have been made. Other contacts are not excluded. In larger projects and where needed, SILMU cooperates with other LAGs in Uusimaa Region. SILMU is interested in Cross-border cooperation with rural areas close to capitals or bigger cities and cooperation with coastal areas around the Baltic Sea.
Back to LAG SILMU in a nutshell >>